New Year New You
With the beginning of each calendar year comes the opportunity for renewal for all of us. We often start the year with hopes and aspirations for our health and fitness.. yet struggle to keep those goals alive.
As great as it might feel to set new goals each year, it’s important to remember that we are still the same person as we were the year before. Which means that unfortunately the same obstacles, and thought patterns that got in the way of us achieving our goals in 2022 have the potential to do so again.
Luckily, we can change and grow any day of the year, and the transition to a new calendar year just provides us with an opportunity to reflect, reframe and apply new ways of thinking and behaving.
This conscious practice is the key to achieving your New Year Resolutions whether that be personal, family, work or health related. Being really clear on what it is you want to achieve, and why is also the anchor which keeps you focused and helps you to roll out of bed in the morning when you really want to hit the snooze button once again.
5 simple steps to convert your practice into habits.
- Create realistic goals. Aim high and stretch yourself, but not so high that you feel discouraged if your progress is slow.. incremental improvements lead to transformations.
- Set yourself up for success by creating practices that you can fit into your daily routines.
- Commit to doing something each day. Even if you can’t do your full workout because of a late night or change in schedule. Just do a 10 min stretch routine (e.g. Tibetan Rites or a few lunges and sun salutations)
- Track your progress so you can celebrate the little wins and keep motivated.
- Choose an accountability partner to join you on your fitness challenge. Working out with a friend or your partner can help you stay engaged and committed, even when you feel like missing a day or giving up.
Our ‘Get Fit With A Friend’ personal training sessions provide the perfect opportunity for you learn simple yet effective routines that you can continue on your own at home.
Book in your Complimentary Fitness Assessments with PURE Fitness & Wellbeing and let 2023 be the year you achieve your fitness and health goals!